Made from ground up compared to its predecessors, the DEFINE R6 promise to be better in any aspects of the ancestors.
The swedish case manufacturer Fractal Design is well known for its high quality and very modular cases that adapts to the majority of enthusiasts PC builders, the DEFINE R series is the most appreciated one and their new mid-case "R6" improves what was already considered top notch.
As described from Fractal themself the key features:
- Full-size seamless scratch-resistant tempered glass side panel
Optimized for silence with high-density industrial dampening on side, top and front panels;
- Reversible front door with anodized aluminum cover and dual mounting system for adaptability;
- Nine fan positions with intuitive layout and clear airflow paths offer massive cooling capacity;
- Nexus+ Smart Hub fan control of six additional case fans and three extra PWM devices via your motherboard;
- Three silent, airflow-optimized Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP-14 140 mm fans come pre-installed with two intake fans and a single exhaust;
- Extensive water cooling support with room for up to a 420 mm radiator in the top, 360 mm in the front, and up to 280 mm in the base;
- Power supply shroud and Modular Storage Plate conceal HDD trays and excess cabling;
- Third generation ModuVent™ technology gives users the choice between a soundproof steel cover or filtered multi-fan ventilation setup in the top panel;
- Easy-to-clean high airflow nylon filters on the front, top, and base with full PSU coverage and front access;
- Modular Storage Plate lets users easily convert between the Standard Layout for maximum storage capacity or the new Open Layout for superior water cooling support and clear air flow paths;
- Vertical 2.5 slot GPU mount (optional);
- Modular interior includes six universal SSD/HDD trays that can be independently repositioned to suit components, cooling, and cable routing;
- Customizable 2.5” storage solution consists of two brackets and a choice of four tray locations to keep drives hidden behind the motherboard tray or display them on top of the PSU shroud.
The design of the DEFINE R6 follows their usual brand styling being classy, simple and quality looking. The price reflects the premium aspect of this standard ATX case with the standard edition for about $/€ 130 and the tempered glass version going for $/€ 150 ca.
More infos at FRACTAL DESIGN page.