The follow up to the noteworhty portable PC with a gaming focus is getting closer and better detailed, still no disclosed price.
Last year GPD Win was a good attemp flawed by some questionable design choices that can be mostly be summarized in small keyboard, cpu throttling and some construction quality issues.
The new GPD Win 2 is EXPECTED TO FIX A LOT OF THE PREDECESSOR ISSUES and from the new pictures it seems that GPD learned from his mistakes.
The new keyboard is still a thumbs one but it now covers the whole width of the device, the hinge is now made of metal, game controls looks better layed out (especially shoulder ones), the Atom SoC is replaced by a modern Intel Core M3 with improved cooling (compared to Win 1) and has upgradable M2 SATA storage.
GPD revealed on REDDIT the full specs with new images of the device while announcing that the INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN IS PLANNED FOR JANUARY 15th and DELIVERY AROUND APRIL.
Down below the specs:
- SOC Intel: M3-7Y30
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 @ 1866MHz
- Storage: 128GB M.2 2242 SSD card SATA 3.0. Card is user replaceable
- Screen: 6" Sharp 1280x720p capactive touch screen with Gorilla Glass 4
- OS: Windows 10 home 64 bit
- WiFi: 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n 2.4G/5G
- WiDi: Yes
- Blutooth: 4.2
- Speakers: Stereo
- MIcrophone: Yes
- Ports: USB Type A 3.0, USB Type C 3.0, MIcro HDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack, Micro SD
- Battery: 2 x 4900mAh batteris at 3.8v . Total of 9800mAh - 37.24Wh
- Rumble: Features two vibration motors
- Weight: 460g
- Width: 162mm
- Depth: 99mm
- Thickness: 25mm
The device looks promising but we have yet no info on the price, I hope to get a review sample as soon as available.
GPD just announced Indiegogo and retail price for the Win 2, $599 for January Indiegogo pre-order and $699 for retail around April. The price is kinda steep, frankly I was expecting $399 for pre-orders and $499 and such high paywall also doesn't help lowering GPD Win 1 prices... I don't expect too many sales at launch.