Shadow Reflex is a frantic 4K arcade shooter that will test your reaction times, focus and stamina!
The story so far...
You found a strange meteorite at the border of the Solar System and decided to investigate but, entering a cave in one of its craters, you discover that the meteorite is actually an ancient alien mothership. "IT'S A TRAP!"
As soon as you enter the first corridor two shiny red energy walls locks you in and a Drone appears... A scan of the alien artefact reveals you that not only it has an incredible hull density but also a very thick energy shield, it will be hard to escape but there's hope: the Drone is powering the two energy walls and this means that if you destroy it the energy walls will be lowered!
- The joystick moves the player ship
- Fire button to shoot
- Difficulty settings: BB = normal / 100k score limit, AB = hard / 150k score limit, BA = very hard / 200k score limit, AA = extreme / 250k score limit
- Color setting: B/W to enable autofire
- You win the game by reaching the score limit based of the difficulty setting (100k/150k/200k/250k)
- If you get too close to the Drone it will try to ram you and possibly destroy you in a second, move away quickly!
- If you are being chased by the drone you will be unable to shoot but you will also be slightly faster
- If your shield (bottom left bar) gets in half or less, an energy cell will appear orbiting the Drone, grab it for 1000 points extra and regenerate the current shield
- If you lose a shield you will lose a ship's hull (bottom right bars), you can't get them back, lose all three and it is game over!
Latest release 26_10_2020 [final release]
- Added a game end
- New SECAM-like color scheme... FANCY!
- PAL60 release
- Tuned difficulty settings
- Tuned energy cell orbit and speed
- General code optimization & gameplay polishing
- General bugfixing (it should be the last one)
- Added an autofire function using the color switch
- None so far... Let me know if you find something
If you liked this game consider to DONATE!